Sunday, October 12, 2008

Vegetarian

I went home to Topeka this weekend! Clearly didn't keep up with 31 for 21 :(




Oy! I ate a LOT!!! We went to old Chicago and then I ate some fresh food for a change! I'm talking cantaloupe, Kiwi, salad...yum. I've been living off of Begals, Yogurt, Pudding, Granola Bars, and Pasta Roni. YES, I'm a junk food veggie. Also, Fiber bars should have warnings. DO NOT eat two in one day... Specially on days when you have yoga...






Whoever adds lard to their burritos, should STOP! Seriously, sometimes I rely on that to be meat free and then they go and put lard in it...

So supposedly I've been trying to be vegetarian for 12 years but you never know...

That aside, here are 2 more things I have issues with

1) Subway, I order a veggie delight and they cut the sandwich in half with the same knife they just cut the meatlovers sandwich with! Also the guy who puts the meat on the bread will often use the same gloves to put the veggies or the cheese on my sandwich!!

Oh man, one day I Flipped. I saw a small piece of dark meat fly up and onto my wrapper. I started: hyperventilating , sweating, biting my nails, I couldn't hear anything, and I gave a death stare at the piece until the lady saw it and flicked it off....ISSUES! (I did not want that wrapped in with my sandwich)

2) Going to a restaurant you know they cook the food on the same cooker they just cooked the meat on...

SOLUTION for self: STOP THINKING ABOUT IT!!!

(side note: tofu soup attempt last year=Disgusting! Yes, this pictures is over a year old I pulled it off of my xanga)



And Finally. This guy's videos make me cry.

Thomas- Volunteer animal rescuer!
(click above)

He has about 150 videos and I've only watched about 1/2 of them. Being a crybaby I sobbed through the videos and it took me 2 hours to recover.

Volunteering at the humane society... too sad. I don't see how I wont cry for every injured animal while trying to take them all home... someday I might do it...

4 comments:

sheree said...

what are all of those little symbols? Is that a new language I need to learn?

Oh my gosh, I don't know how you watch animal rescue videos. I simply CANNOT do it. I also don't know how you can volunteer at the humane society...I would end up owning a small zoo. My husband would kill me ;)

Virginia said...

symbols? I don't see any but I'll work on fixing it.

sheree said...

okay weirdness...I just read it again and the symbols are all gone, and now I can read a bunch more stuff I didn't see before?!

Andy said...

I went to Topeka this weekend too! Except I found out my old friends all do cocaine now - it's all they did. So my weekend sucked like that!

I do big brothers big sisters, which is almost like the humane society in many ways. Helpless little animals = so adorable.