Monday, November 17, 2008

Avalanche For Me



Breakups.

One of my classmates broke up with her boyfriend. Complicated complicated story but I've not heard of a breakup that wasn't. So she stayed at my place this weekend (her ex husband had their kids this week).

She asked me to look up the 5 steps to grieving and go over them with her... Kübler-Ros style. Coincidentally, I watched a movie right before she came over that mentioned those steps "The Life Of David Gale."


To remind you, the five stages of grief are
denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance.

I had a kind of... small encounter this year with a guy who made music. (eight months later it still gets to me but he'll never know. Moving on.). I got out one of his songs that's more mellow and we listened to it while reading this breakup book all night. OF all songs to pick...it was oddly appropriate.

BREAK UP BOOK LINK

We were dripping tears... I was a mess, way too emotional. Some of the things she mentions hit dead on.


Breakups.


***Music Note***

I like some
offbeat music that a lot of people wouldn't think I'd like. I like a lot of conventional things too but sometimes I surprise myself.

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

You are funny, I just read your tooth fairy post. That is great! Anyway, each state has their own rules for practicing hygiene. So you almost always have to take some kind of law aka jurisprudence test. In Ut is was closed book and you had to go to this testing center and give blood to get in (just kidding). But OR it was open book and hard. It was only 50 ? but you had to get 45 right. There were a lot of true false which are tricky to me. In perspective to the boards....it is cake! Not a stresser except when you fail it like I did. Good luck on your upcoming finals!

Sorry about your friend and the music dude! I wish you the best!