My patient who I even sent letters to and changed my schedule to mornings for, No Showed.
So I did a screening on a random guy in the hallway... my patient's blood pressure was 190/110. I took it twice, five minutes apart, and then my instructor took it 30 minutes later (all the same reading).
| Category | systolic, mmHg | diastolic, mmHg |
|---|---|---|
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
HELLO walking time bomb!!! Way off the charts! So I spent my morning trying to find doctors for him and convincing him that he needed to see one...pretty much TODAY...NOW! I'm thinking heart attack, stroke, aneurysms, heart failure... He's thinking???
Here is what broke me down. We are suppose to set up our cubicals at least 30 minutes before our patient arrives. My classmate wasn't at the clinic and her patient was here so they ask me to call her to see where she's at. She doesn't pick up so I leave her a message. I try her friends number and her friend picks up, Hysterically crying.
So what are the odds for a three year old who is too weak to even start treatment?
Acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) is the most common type of leukemia in young children. This disease also affects adults, especially those age 65 and older. Standard treatments involve chemotherapy and radiation. The survival rates vary by age: 85% in children and 50% in adults
My next thought, how is a single mother of four, one just diagnosed with Leukemia, going to stay in the program...

1 comment:
wow! That is a lot of drama for one day. Your poor friend :(
Post a Comment