My classmate Sarah had her wedding last week, the short wedding was in Topeka and the Reception was in Hoyt, Kansas. I've never been to Hoyt before but I felt that I drove through most of it trying to find the community center building. Also I loved that even though I'd never been, four people followed me! Surprise! I didn't get lost, I'm lucky it was easy to find.
I wasn't irritated with their wedding because the religious man didn't say much. They wrote and read their own vows. The wedding ceremony lasted five minutes and I didn't hear a word of it. I also liked that it had a very casual feel, the guys didn't wear suits.
They let their dog Olie in on everything, even walking them up the rows, very cute.
It was out side and it was HOT and STICKY! Some of the second years were there and my old roommate drove up from McPherson too.
I decided to wear the same thing I wore for Gina's wedding. Mostly because it was easier and I don't like shopping so it worked out that way.
My car only has the Radio and a tape player. I borrowed my mom's tapes and I've been listening the life out of her Carpenter's tapes. I did a project in 7th grade of the Carpenters and their song Mr. Guder. Everytime I listen to them it cracks me up how cheesy it makes me feel. I feel like grinning and doing the double handed point...yeah. Here are the two songs that remind me of the Carpenters
The first half is Mr. Guder
The first half is Mr. Guder

2 comments:
Tapes....I remember those! I am laughing because I have yet to meet a hygienist who does not like to shop. I dont like to shop and have a hard time finding a friend to 'nerd out with' and not go shopping. So IT was recurrent decay. Dang stuff anyway. Enjoy your summer girl! It is going fast!
I grew up in Hoyt! Best 18 years of my life.
I was in hoyt this weekend for a wedding and the reception was at the community building too. Such a small world!
Yes, Skankin' With Steve has an asian in it. Your type of band, eh?
Again, love the photo of your cat. :)
Post a Comment