Tuesday, May 5, 2009

He's a gagger.

I finished two kids this morning. And this after noon while I was waiting for my patient to arive one of my classmates asked me if I would help her with angles for her Pedo Series (4 films).

So this 5 year old boy is sitting in the chair and he gags. We had him gargle with salt water and breath through his nose. Finally we are working on the last bitewing. She tried to put it in 2 times and he would keep on taking it out. So finally she said... I'm going to put this in real quick and she looked at me and said, even if I'm still in the room press the exposure button.


She starts to put the film in his mouth and has him close down and right before she releases her hold on the tab, spit starts coming out of the corners of his mouth...directly followed by some mixture of brownness. My classmate turns to me with wrinkles on her forehead and both her hands holding a puddle of vomit...

I had to turn my head away because apparenlty I still have issues with my composure but then I offered him paper towels.


Anyway, I've seen people vomit from fluoride but this was my first time seeing someone vomit from a little size 0 film...or any film. He was a good little boy!

(Christa, Stacy, Me, Kara)

Right after clinic, three of my classmates and I went out for Cinco de Mayo. I don't really celebrate holiday like things, but it's hard for me to turn down some dip!

********
Davey Havok has been on loveline twice this week!!! My new roomie probably thinks I'm crazy because of my random muffled fan screams... Even though Davey is a white man, I love his Straight Edge Vegan life style.

1 comment:

Andy said...

I love AFI! haha, sorry about that puke. I am lucky that I'll never have to deal with puke in my job... ever!