Saturday, May 2, 2009

Where?


So my new roomie and her boyfriend were having a few friends meet them at old Chicago and they invited me. I mapquested how to find it. I got a little lost but then when I found it I was about 15 minutes late. I didn't see them there so I called her twice and she didn't pick up. So I waited five minutes left them a message I didn't see them and left.

I thought it was very strange that she didn't even call me/didn't come home/still not home... her boyfriend stopped by and that was it. I'm not too sure how I feel about my new roommate but as long as she pays it's all good.

Anyway So my old roomie who now lives about 3 1/2 hours away came up to Lawrence and called me out.

(Lauren, Meghan, Me -I also want to point out that if you look closely at my bangs you can see my WHITE hair reflecting the light. When I found out I had that I called my parents at midnight and was like DAD, where's mom, I have my first WHITE HAIR!!!)

We went to Barrel House in Lawrence-a Piano bar.

There was this 25 year old Asian guy names Jason who was completely wasted. We called him over and had him sit next to me. The sad thing is, even after he asked me for my number...he still asked me for my name 8 more times... You could not hold a conversation with him because they all went like this...

Asian: So Where do you live?
Me: Overland park-near Kansas City
Asian: Oh yeah, I have a friend who lives up there, so do you go to school?
Me: Yes I go to JCCC in Overland Park.
Asian: So you go to Washburn?
Me: No, I don't go to school in Topeka
Asian: So, you live in Topeka?
Me: Ummm... no...

Anyway, he was still good looking and he kept on kissing my cheek. Bars seriously are not places to really meet anyone, entertaining though. We also went to this place called The Hawk, Meghan really did not want to go but Lauren did... Apparently you can dance there but we went to this Martini room where you don't dance and left 10 minutes later. We all stayed at Laurens house in Lawrence; I left around 8:00AM.

This morning had a strange feeling, I walked up to the leasing house to pay my rent and on the way there was the lady who feeds the ducks who talked to me about nests, a group of about 8 guys moving in all stopped me on my way as well and then when I got to the leasing house, the lady offered me Free coffee/muffins and was all around friendly. Mornings in Overland park feel different from mornings in Topeka. I don't know exactly what it was but I think a lot of it had to do with the temperature and the shade...

1 comment:

Andy said...

You were in my town!? You should'a called meeeeeee!