Thursday, December 11, 2008

Dental Materials

We received our bleaching trays back today! These are the pictures of my trays, done by my partner Amanda. I gave Amanda the ones I made of hers. We were only required to do maxillary trays. The blue is the block out we cured onto the models to leave room for the bleaching material. We marked everyone's shades and noted if we would be bleaching or not...I will NOT be bleaching. I feel like my mouth deserves a break.

This is Amanda taking an impression of me. Fun times! We needed to take impressions for our bleaching trays and our study models. We haven't received our study models yet, they aren't done being graded...


About a month ago, everyone in our class did sealants on three extracted teeth. These are mine. We picked 3 teeth out of a jar and mixed stone and paced them in it. Yesterday we did sealants on each other. We were in groups of three, 1 person was the clinician, 1 the assistant, and the other the evaluator. After we finished the assigned sealants, our professor checked them. Everyone switched so everyone got to do each part. Before we could even do the sealants on each other, we all had our teeth checked by dentists and had current x-rays taken. I was glad they enforced that.


It was pretty fun. The only issue I had was our group got done before everyone else and our professor wanted everyone to wait for everyone to finish before dismissing us; we ended up waiting 1 and 1/2 hours. I'm done with finals and tomorrow night there is going to be a dental hygiene party. Then off to Topeka for a month; I can't wait to see my baby Juneav.

8 of us went shopping. Clearly I am not a shopper but I was a trouper and tried not to drag them down to my level...

I'm taking my instruments home because I WILL practice on my Typodont over the break...I will...

1 comment:

Andy said...

Awwww, this makes me wish I was in dental stuff. It looks SO god damn fun.

And yeah, the dog on the hardwood floor is HILARIOUS.